Inverary Castle and Loch Fyne
File Type:JPEG image
cgjc0659.jpg (JPEG image) 339.2Kb
Description:Inveraray Castle, seen in this painting, was originally designed in 1720 by the architect Sir John Vanbrugh. It was completed in 1789 for John Campbell, 5th Duke of Argyll and his wife Elizabeth. The castle lies approximately one mile north of the village of Inveraray, near the shore of Loch Fyne, also depicted in this painting.
Dimensions/Extent:110.5 cm x 146 cm
Type of material:Image
Availability:Full text available