Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
N.B. This item was not published by TCD.
Rotational and Rovibrational Spectroscopy of the v8=1 and 2 Vibrational States of CH3NC
Taylor & Francis
The lowest frequency vibration-rotation band ν8, corresponding to the degenerate CNC bending vibration of methyl isocyanide (CH3NC) with band center at 267.3 cm-1, was studied by FTIR spectroscopy between 215 and 320 cm-1 and rotational spectroscopy in the range from 201 to 383 GHz in order to describe the vibration-rotation dynamics with inclusion of all important anharmonic and vibration-rotation interactions. Assignments extended to higher-K rotational states in both vibration-rotation and rotational spectra reveal a resonance crossing with the v8 = 2 overtone level due to a local anharmonic Fermi resonance. The simultaneous analysis of both types of data provides a fully quantitative reproduction of the experimental data as well as a preliminary characterization of the v8 = 2 level. The parallel component of the overtone band nu8 with band center at 524.6 cm-1 was assigned for the first time from spectra in the region from 480 to 585 cm-1 together with the hot bands 2nu8-nu8 in the region of the fundamental band.
J. Heyrovsky Institute of Physical Chemistry - Dolejškova 3-->
- Prague - CZECH REPUBLIC (Pracna, Petr) J. Heyrovsky Institute of Physical Chemistry - Dolejskova 3-->
- 18223 - Prague - CZECH REPUBLIC (Urban, Jiří) J. Heyrovsky Institute of Physical Chemistry - Dolejskova 3-->
- 18223 - Prague - CZECH REPUBLIC (Votava, Ondřej) Institute of Chemical Technology, Department of Analytical Chemistry - Technická 5-->
- 16628 - Prague - CZECH REPUBLIC (Urban, Štěpán) Institute of Chemical Technology, Department of Analytical Chemistry - Technická 5-->
- 16628 - Prague - CZECH REPUBLIC (Meltzerová, Zuzana) University of Oulu, Department of Physics - B.O.X 3000-->
- 90014 - Oulu - FINLAND (Horneman, Veli-Matti)
Please note: There is a known bug in some browsers that causes an
error when a user tries to view large pdf file within the browser window.
If you receive the message "The file is damaged and could not be
repaired", please try one of the solutions linked below based on the
browser you are using.
Items in TARA are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.