Old Baal's Bridge, Limerick, Co. Limerick (now rebuilt)
File Type:JPEG image
cgjc1461.jpg (JPEG image) 386.7Kb
Description:Baal's bridge as seen here, with four arches and houses lining one side, was taken down in 1831 and replaced with a one arch stone bridge. In the background of the watercolor, one can see the masts of boats moored in the Shannon River near the Customs House which is just out of sight.
Dimensions/Extent:23.3 cm x 39.5 cm
Type of material:Image
Availability:Full text available