[oratory on island on River Shannon]
File Type:JPEG image
cgsc0443.jpg (JPEG image) 243.1Kb
Description:Gandon was a pupil at William Shipley's drawing academy in St. Martin's Lane, London. Circa 1757 he joined William Chambers's office. He commenced business for himself ca. 1765. In 1769, Gandon was awarded the Royal Academy's first gold medal in architecture. Gandon went to Dublin, Ireland in April 1781 and retired ca. 1808. The present drawing carries an inscription across the bottom, describing the location of the Oratory.
Dimensions/Extent:12.1 x 17.1 cm
Type of material:Image
Availability:Full text available