[shore-side building with circular tower]
File Type:JPEG image
cgsc0445.jpg (JPEG image) 366.6Kb
Description:Gandon was a pupil at William Shipley's drawing academy in St. Martin's Lane, London. Circa 1757 he joined William Chambers's office. He commenced business for himself ca. 1765. In 1769, Gandon was awarded the Royal Academy's first gold medal in architecture. Gandon went to Dublin, Ireland in April 1781 and retired ca. 1808.
Type of material:Image
Availability:Full text available