[panel of a Claudian landscape from Lyons House]
File Type:JPEG image
cgsc0386.jpg (JPEG image) 291.7Kb
Description:Gaspar Gabrielli was brought to Ireland by the second Lord Cloncurry in 1805 for the decoration of his estate, Lyons of County Kildare. Decoration in the drawing room and dining room was done in Claudean fashion and depicts 'The Bay of Dublin', 'The Bay of Naples' and 'Views of Herculaneum'. A panel from the drawing room is pictured here. Gabrielli continued to practise landscape painting in Ireland for some years, returning to Italy in 1819.
Title of Larger Entity:Drawing Room at Lyons House
Type of material:Image
Availability:Full text available