Tree in the Compagna
File Type:JPEG image
cgsc0387.jpg (JPEG image) 282.0Kb
Description:Gaspar Gabrielli was brought to Ireland by the second Lord Cloncurry in 1805 for the decoration of his estate, Lyons of County Kildare. He contributed similar decorative work to Tanderagee Castle and No. 41 North Great George's Street and also various landscapes to exhibitions in Dublin between 1809-1814. Gabrielli continued to practise landscape painting in Ireland for some years, returning to Italy in 1819. A note in the upper right-hand corner of the present painting may indicate its location.
Type of material:Image
Availability:Full text available