Show simple item record

dc.contributor.authorBigari, Angelo Maria
dc.coverage.spatialNational Library of Ireland
dc.date.accessioned2008-07-17T10:04:32Z
dc.date.available2008-07-17T10:04:32Z
dc.date.created12th/13th August, 1779
dc.date.issued1996
dc.identifier.citationJacqueline O'Brien & Peter Harbison. Ancient Ireland, London, 1996.en
dc.identifier.othercgjc1181
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/2262/18864
dc.description'This drawing never engraved. Original drawing (now lost) on which this drawing would have been based was made by Bigari on a visit to Clonmacnoise, County Offaly, Ireland, on August 12th-13th, 1779, where he was accompanied by Gabriel Beranger (ca. 1730-1817), as stated in Beranger's notes (see NLI Ms 4162, page 28). The drawing depicts a view of the interior of St. Finghin's Church at Clonmacnoise, County Offaly, Ireland, showing the Romanesque chancel arch and the stout Round Tower beside it, with its herring-bone masonry on the conical cap. In the foreground stands a solitary figure.' (www.nli.ie)en
dc.format.extent465916 bytes
dc.format.mediuminken
dc.format.mediumink washesen
dc.format.mimetypeimage/jpeg
dc.language.isoen
dc.publisherNational Library of Irelanden
dc.subjectKing's Countyen
dc.subject.lcshArt -- Irishen
dc.subject.lcshDrawing -- Irishen
dc.subject.lcshRuins in arten
dc.subject.lcshClonmacnoise (Ireland)en
dc.subject.lcshOffaly (Ireland)--Antiquities.en
dc.subject.lcshClothing and Dress -- Ireland -- Historyen
dc.subject.lcshChurches -- Ireland.en
dc.subject.lcshRound towers--Ireland.en
dc.titleClonmacnois, King's Countyen
dc.typeImageen
dc.coverage.cultureIrishen
dc.format.extentdimensions23.8 cm x 16.3 cm
dc.format.supportpaper (fiber product)en
dc.subject.period18th century
dc.title.largerentityAustin Cooper. Antiquities of Abbeys, Castles, & Towers in Ireland. 1875, 28.en
dc.type.workdrawingen


Files in this item

Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record