File Type:JPEG image
cgjc1132.jpg (JPEG image) 560.0Kb
Description:'In 1751 Sir Compton Domville occupied Templeogue House until his death in 1768. His nephew Charles Pocklington inherited his property and took the name of Domville. He lived at Templeogue until 1780 when, the house being in a bad state of repair, he left it and moved to Santry, taking with him many ornamental features, including the circular temple.' (www.southcountydublinhistory.ie) For Beranger's watercolour of the temple at Templeogue see image cgjc1131.
Dimensions/Extent:12 cm x 19 cm
Title of Larger Entity:"Rambles thro' the county of Dublin and some others in Ireland"
Other Titles:View of the mansion house in the above mentioned demense [Sir Charles Domvile Esq] at the entrance of the wood
Type of material:Image
Availability:Full text available
Keywords:Templeogue, Co. Dublin