Temple at Templeogue
File Type:JPEG image
cgjc1131.jpg (JPEG image) 547.1Kb
Description:This watercolour provides a view of a circular temple, standing on a high mound in a park area of Templeogue 'in the demesne of [Sir Charles] Domvile Esq'. (www.ria.ie)'In 1751 Sir Compton Domville inherited Templeogue House and lived there until his death in 1768. His nephew Charles Pocklington inherited his property and took the name of Domville. He lived at Templeogue until 1780 when, the house being in a bad state of repair, he left it and moved to Santry, taking with him many ornamental features, including the circular temple.' (www.southcountydublinhistory.ie) For an watercolour by Beranger of Templeogue house on this demense, see image cgjc1132.
Dimensions/Extent:12 cm x 19 cm
Title of Larger Entity:"Rambles thro' the county of Dublin and some others in Ireland"
Other Titles:View at Temple-oge
Type of material:Image
Availability:Full text available
Keywords:Templeogue, Co. Dublin